This is a laser cut platform which allows you to mount your kindle on your bike handlebars. This is not as stupid as it sounds! If like me you spend coundless hours riding a bike indoors on a stationary trainer you need as many ways as possible to pass the time. It is designed for a kindle paperwhite, though it also works with the standard kindle.
The final product
What you need
- The plans which you can download here
- 3/16" plywood at least 7.5" x 10"
- Arkon GN032-AMPS Bicycle mount
- Two common size rubber bands
- Four #10 x 1/2" screws with lock nuts
- Wood glue
- Laser cut the three pieces supplied in the provided pans.
- Using wood glue, attach the two reinforcement pieces on the back of the main kindle mount piece, clamping them in place until dry.
- Attach the glued pieces to the GN032 mount using the four #10 screws and nuts.
- Attach the mount to your bike. If you need help the mount comes with instructions.
- Rest your kindle on the mount and scure it with the two rubber bands as shown in the image below.
Don't use this when riding on real roads ಠ_ಠ